Tercon Receivership: Employee FAQ's
1. What is WEPPA/WEPP? How do I make a claim?
The Wage Earner Protection Program ('WEPP') reimburses eligible workers for unpaid wages, vacation pay, severance pay, and termination pay they are owed when their employer declares bankruptcy or becomes subject to a Receivership under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act. Additional information regarding this program as well as the application to apply can be found at the following website:
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca.eng/sc/wepp/index.shtml. You can also contact Service Canada directly at toll free: 1-866-683-6516.
The Receiver has mailed out packages on April 23, 2013 to each individual employee who may have a claim under the WEPP. The package includes instructions on how to fill out the necessary claim documents as well as a schedule on unpaid eligible amounts owing per the Company's books and records. If you have any questions regarding the WEPP and process after reviewing the instructions provided in the employee package please call and leave a message on the Receiver's Hotline at: 1-416-649-8048 or 1-855-649-8048.
All Proof of Claim forms must be submitted to the Receiver by the Claims Bar Date, being 5:00pm Vancouver time on May 3, 2013 or such a later date as may be ordered by the Court. Failure to submit your claim by the above mentioned deadline will result in the claim becoming extinguished.
2. If you wish to file the claim electronically through the FTI Claims website please visit https://cmsi.ftitools.com/tercon. You must create a user account in order to submit your claim.
3. You may also scan and send the relevant claim documentation to the Receiver at : Tercon@fticonsulting.com
4. You can fax the documents to our office fax number at: 416-649-8101, or
5. You can mail the documents to our address:
Attention: Claims Manager- Tercon Receivership
79 Wellington Street West, Suite 2020, P.O. Box 104
6. What is the Estate ID?
The Estate ID is 11-253558